Monday, November 5, 2012

Star Wars 2015

As many of you should know by now, Disney has bought and now owns Lucasfilms and everything produced by them for 4 Billion US Dollars. I have seen very few 'positive' review on Disney's choice to buy Lucasfilms and George Lucas' decision to sell it, mostly they have been negative.
I see Disney buying Lucasfilms actually a good thing.

When Disney bought Marvel back in 2009, everyone was furious that they did saying that Disney would turn Marvel 'kiddy'. Disney gave us The Avengers and other Marvel films, from what I can see. Everyone knows how good The Avengers was, it was one of those few movies on my list that has to be viewed more than once, and there are very few movies on that list. If Disney did so well with The Avengers and other movies, who is to say that they could do just as good with Star Wars and Indiana Jones and other Lucasfilm franchises?

And besides, Disney already had two Lucasfilm ride attractions: Star Tours and Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye. So it might as well have foretold Disney would have bought Lucasfilm from the start. And besides, George Lucas and everyone else involved with Lucasfilm in the past are all getting old. George is now 68 years old, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are 61 and 70, so for the people who think they're going to be in Star Wars Episode VII, I highly doubt they would be in there.

Also remember, mostly Disney characters make up the Kingdom Hearts video game series. Since Disney now owns Marvel and Lucasfilms, they can have Sora and Riku interact with Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Indiana Jones, Spiderman, Doc Ock, etc. Imagine lightsaber keyblade fights. Doesn't any of these sound appealing?

So basically, I think what I've just said would prove that Disney buying Lucasfilm is indeed a good idea. I wish George Lucas and Disney in their future endeavors, and can't wait to see Episode VII in 2015.

Sincerely, One Who Says Many With Very Few


P.S. For those who wonder what my Twitter account is for, I am very much into games and mostly tweet about game related topics, so if you are into gaming, I highly recommend you to follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment